This history has gained me experience with projects of practically every nature: 2D/3D Illustration and Animation, Design for both Print and Screen, Logos, Gaming and even Production Artwork. Basically, if it involves pushing pixels or vectors around, I’ve done it.
I have also written/edited three books and several magazine articles and tutorials on the subject of digital illustration and animation and I’ve even been known to teach the occasional class on some aspect of art or design.
Whatever your needs, they can probably be filled here at Sledd Studios, unless it’s like really kinky or something…and even then, give me a call. It never hurts to ask. I may not agree to it, but I won’t judge either.
FUN STUFF TO BRAG ABOUT
- Editor/Author: ElectricImage Handbook, published by Charles River Media (ISBN 1-886801-73-8). This book is a collection of tips, tricks and techniques for creating animations and illustrations for the 3D application ElectricImage. Some of the work this Hollywood-strength application is most famous for Includes special effects for the Star Wars: Special Edition Trilogy, Star Wars: Episode I, and Star Trek: First Contact.
- Editor/Author: Ray Dream Handbook 2nd Edition, published by Charles River Media (ISBN 1-886801-36-3). This book is a collection of tips and tricks for creating computer art using Ray Dream Studio 5.
- Co-editor and Contributor: Ray Dream Handbook, by Craig A. Patchett and John W. Sledd, published by Charles River Media (ISBN 1-886801-09-6). This book is the first edition of the above listing.
- Contributing Artist/Author: Fractal Design Painter 4, by Dawn Erdos, published by MIS: Press (ISBN 1-55828-481-8). A third-party book on the award-winning application Fractal Design Painter.
- Author: Contributing author to two subscription-based web magazines: www.graphicsresourceclub.com, published by Charles River Media, and www.serious3d.com, published by Komodo Studios.
- Illustration Award: Illustrations accepted into Spectrums 4 and 6: The Best in Contemporary Fantastic Art illustration annuals. This prestigious publication is circulated internationally and is available from most bookstores.
- Illustration Award: Two illustrations used as chapter headers and three illustrations accepted into gallery chapter of Painting with Computers, by Mario Henri Chakkour, published by Rockport Publishers (ISBN 1-54696-212-1).
Advanced Simulation Technology, American Management Systems, America Online, Be, Brand Design, Casino Journal Publishing Group, Century 21, Charles River Media, CMP (Information Week Magazine), Duke Communications (Windows NT Magazine), Electronic House Publishing (Popular Home Automation and Electronic House Magazine), F&M Bank-Winchester, Gene Mayer Associates, General Electric, InsideCounsel Magazine, Intertec Publishing (Wireless Review Magazine), JAM Advertising, Jungle Interactive (MBA Jungle Magazine), McGraw-Hill/Osborne, MetaCreations Corporation, MIS: Press, National Institute of Business Management, National Retail Federation, Rockport Publishers, PC World Magazine, Pizza Hut, Quest Communications, Rayflect (France), RDA International, Sony, Thomson Financial Network, Victoria’s Secret, Wizards of the Coast, Ziff-Davis Education and many others.